Michelle Byrd, the Executive Director of IFP tells us more about IFP and what it can do for you!
Posted on at
We interviewed Michelle Byrd, the Executive Director of IFP.
1) Can you tell us a little about the history and the mission of IFP?
2) How do you come to prepare you programs, events, and activities? Do you follow a basic structure/schedule every year, or do you come up with various alternative projects to attract the filmmakers?
3) You have many services that independent filmmakers benefit and learn from. What are some major factors that contribute to your decision of awarding a filmmaker with one of your grants?
4) What is your opinion about the new (online) media as a new method of promotion, distribution, and networking? Do you think cinema on the web helps independent filmmakers expand their connections and find an alternative way to put their work out there?
5) What is IFP doing in term of social networking? For instance, do you have interviews with filmmakers in video, audio, or in written format on your website that can be used as tutorials for young independent filmmakers?
6) During the IFP Market, what are some of the events that help the filmmakers most, in terms of getting feedback for their finished or unfinished work, and eventually finding a distributor for their films?
To get more information about IFP, please visit http://www.filmannex.com/IFP